Turmeric is an al-natural spice that contains more than 600 health benefits. Primarily, it is curcumin that makes this happen. I bet you don’t even know that turmeric helps to regenerate the brain?
Benefits of Turmeric
- Delays the aging process while combatting age-related health problems
- It offers strong anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. Curcumin inhibits the molecules known to play a role in inflammation and it neutralizes free radicals.
- It increases the levels of the brain hormone BDNF, which in turn stimulates the growth of new neurons and combats degenerative processes in the brain
- It lowers the risk of heart disease by improving a few risk factors for heart disease
- It helps prevent and treat cancer
- It boosts the levels of neurotransmitters serotonin and dopamine, fighting off depression.
An Overlooked Benefit
Turmeric has a fat-soluble property within it called aromatic-turmerone. Researchers in Germany studied its effects on neural stem cells, and discovered that the neural stem cell count had rose by 80% when exposed to aromatic-turmerone.
When this was tested on lab rats, their brain cells multiplied and there was sizable growth in the hippocampus and subventricular zone. Being a pure regenerative, aromatic-turmerone helps NSCs in the regeneration of the brain in cases of strokes and Alzheimer’s disease.
Ar-turmerone helps to increase stem cell production, and helps separate neurons from stem cells. Interestingly, Alzheimer patients were found to have a boost in memory from the benefits of curcumin.
So What does this mean?
Many believe that utilizing curcumin extract is all you need to do to attain its health perks, but eating it whole can provide you with the much-needed health benefits that you be low on. A good example, would be in the case of clan inflammation or polyps. Utilizing the plant fully instead of an extract is more efficient and the extras can be easily absorbed in the small intestine before stopping in the large intestine.
The effects of ar-turmerone aren’t fully comprehended yet by scientists, however a recent study discovered that a regenerative factor is within ar-turmerone. Many plants for healing consist of plentiful amounts of compounds, yet to assume which contributes more health benefits is not valid. Ar-turmerone and curcumin have a good effect on the body with their healthy properties. Be sure to use turmeric as a whole rather through an extract!