London has always been on the top of every traveler’s wish list. If you haven’t visited London, you haven’t seen anything. This beautiful city is not only known for its cultural heritage but is also known for being a business hub. Be it spectacular sights or exotic delicacies, you are sure to find everything in this marvelous city. If lately, you have been planning to visit London, but you have a budget constraint then your personal travel guide is here to share some cost-effective tips that will make sure that you can make the most out of our London trip within your budget.
- Take advantage of the Oyster Card: The oyster card can help save quite a few bucks that you could have spent on the transportation. You can load the oyster card with multiple rides that fall in your travelling zone and enjoy a hassle-free travelling. The best part of getting this card is that depending on the number of rides you pre-pay you can get a great deal of discounts which may be even more than 50% of your actual transportation costs. Even if you load some extra rides, you need not worry much as at the end of your trip you can redeem your card and get back your balance amount. If you have pre-booked this card, then you can also use this card for reaching to your accommodation from the London airport at a considerably lesser price.
- Look out for the free things: Though London is considered to be an expensive city some things aren’t going to cost you anything. There is a long list of free attractions, museums, spectacles, and what not. You have to plan your entire trip if you really want to make the most out of it. Make a list of all the things that you can do for free and then proceed accordingly. It will save you from the last moment perplexities. All the museums in London are absolutely free of cost, and you need not shed a single penny to see them. So include this on your list.
- Filter out some pocket-friendly eateries: The city is quite diversified in its eating culture also. You will notice the presence of some local conventional café owners along with some posh restaurants in the same area. Try out places where you can get decent food at a reasonable cost. It is not necessary that you will eat in elite restaurants or cafes only. Even the local small cafes offer delicious delicacies with a wide range of options to choose from.
- Don’t book luxurious hotels: The accommodation cost alone is enough to disrupt your entire budget. Try to avoid hotels, as in that case, you will surely end up paying much more. Book your accommodation after a thorough online search. You can easily find online portals where veterans are willing to lease out or rent their apartment for a reasonable cost. Try booking your accommodation through any one such online portal. You can also book an accommodation that is near to the London airport if you want.
- Walk as much as you can: If you really want to explore a new place, then avoid taking public transports and walk as much you can. This way, you can explore the vibrant streets, the city culture, the theme of the local vendors, and much more. By walking miles in a new city, you will not only feel refreshed but also happy and energetic from inside.
These tips will surely make your trip a memorable one, and you are going to enjoy your vacation to the fullest.