Sugaring paste is prepared with completely organic ingredients and is gentle on the skin. In addition to this, the procedure to conduct sugaring is hassle free and is known to be less painful compared to other hair removal procedures. As you decide to go through this method to get rid of your unwanted hair, it is suggested to gather information about pre and post sugaring care essentials. To make this task easier for you we have compiled all the necessary information in this article. Read on to find out about the same!
Pre Sugaring Care
There is nothing much that needs to be done before starting with the procedure. Just a few simple points mentioned below should be taken care of.
- You must not moisturize your skin before the procedure. It is best to avoid applying cream, oil or lotion. If you happen to do so accidently, then you must wash it off with soap to ensure the sugaring paste sticks easily.
- The area that needs to be treated should not be exfoliated for at least two days before undergoing sugaring.
- The use of deodorant should also be avoided before the treatment.
Post Sugaring Care
Sugar wax removes all the unwanted hair and leaves the skin soft, smooth and flawless. It is important to take good care of this gentle skin. Here is how to do so:
- Take a cold shower to remove the mild stickiness that the paste may have left behind. Hot water shower must be strictly avoided after this treatment. You must also refrain from heading for steam or sauna bath.
- Do not exfoliate the treated area for at least two days after the procedure else you may experience abrasion or redness.
- Steer clear from perfumed lotions and deodorants for few days as they may cause redness and irritation.
- Rigorous exercise causes sweat that can lead to skin irritation. This is why jogging, cycling, crunches and other such strenuous exercises must also be avoided for two-three days post sugaring.
- It is best to wear loose and comfortable clothes in soft fabrics such as cotton for at least two days. Figure hugging clothes are a big no during this period especially for those with sensitive skin as they may cause rashes and redness.
- If you face the problem of ingrown hair then mix some Dead Sea salt in cold water. Then soak a cloth in the water and gently rub it on that particular area. Rinse it after around 15-20 minutes. This should bar the growth of ingrown hair.
Whether you undergo sugaring treatment at a salon or choose to conduct it on your own, it is important to take care of all the aforementioned points. You may cause serious harm to your skin if you do not follow the post sugaring tips properly. On the other hand, ignoring the pre-sugaring care points can cause a hindrance in removing the unwanted hair smoothly. And we are sure you don’t want any of these hassles!