Medical cannabis has been used around the world for centuries to relieve both mental and physical ailments. While its use has been legalized in many states, and people are allowed to purchase it from dispensaries (with some conditions, of course), some states and many countries are still struggling to legalize its use. Florida is one such state that has managed to legalize the use of medical cannabis. Recently, Trulieve, Florida’s leading cannabis company, introduced the first medical cannabis edibles in the state. Let us learn more about this recent development in Florida, that way you can learn how to access medical cannabis and why many patients turn to it for relief of various conditions.
Introduction of Medical Cannabis Edibles in Florida
Trulieve began selling medical edible cannabis products in its dispensaries located in Florida in September 2020. Its well-known dispensary in Tallahassee was the first to display these much-in-demand edibles. The products received an overwhelming response. Arnold Lawson, a patient who uses medical cannabis to treat degenerative disc disease, was the first to purchase these edibles. He expressed excitement at this great initiative taken by Trulieve and was glad to be the first to buy the product he had been waiting a long time for.
Top Benefits of Medical Cannabis Edibles
Consuming medical cannabis edibles in the prescribed amount can:
- Regulate blood sugar level in the body
- Improve inflammatory bowel issues
- Help fight cancer
- Improve lung capacity
- Offer relief from chronic pain
- Regulate seizures
- Aid in treating depression and anxiety
- Assist with weight loss
- Help treat glaucoma
- Aid with bone strength
- Relieve arthritis pain
- Offer relief from the painful condition of multiple sclerosis
Steps to Procure a Florida MMJ Card
Here is a look at the few simple steps involved in obtaining a medical marijuana card in the state of Florida:
- The first step in the process is to book an appointment with a licensed medical marijuana doctor.
- Doctors registered with the Medical Marijuana Registry of Florida may assess patients during a medical evaluation.
- On approval, the patient’s information is entered in the medical marijuana use registry.
- The patient must fill out an application with the state and submit proof of residency.
- After being approved and registered successfully, the medical card is sent to the patient within 2-3 weeks via mail.
One option is to approach a healthcare company such as Veriheal to obtain a MMJ card in Florida. Veriheal makes the process quite smooth and allows you to schedule an appointment with a medical marijuana doctor via their platform.
The introduction of cannabis edibles in Florida has brought hope for patients that rely upon the cannabis for their physical and mental health. The government has set strict guidelines regarding access to these products. However, the process can be simplified by seeking professional help.