The summer months can mean fun beach trips and glorious sunny days. However, the exposure to sun, sea, sand and swimming pools can leave your hair lacking life. With our ten top hair care tips you can be sure to maintain luscious locks all summer long, ready for all your parties and days out in the sun. We’ll share how to wash your hair, as well as top tips for using natural oils like tea tree oil to care for your hair. Plus, you can go here for extra information about using tea tree oil for hair care.
10 tips for caring for your hair in the summer
From how to wash your hair to top tips for choosing the perfect summer hairstyle, these ten tips and tricks will help you maintain beautiful hair this summer.
- Only wash your hair every two to three days.
- Over washing your hair can leave it greasy due to removing the natural oils your scalp produces, which causes it to over produce more.
- Oils like tea tree oil can be a great conditioner in between washes.
- Change up your hair routine by using tea tree oil for hair
- Tea tree oil can be used to moisturize your scalp to stop an excess oil build-up.
- Tea tree oil is a great way to soothe dry, itchy skin.
- Tea tree oil can be used to treat dandruff and other conditions.
- Another oil that is great for hair care is coconut oil. Rub coconut oil into the ends of your hair as a natural way to de-frizz and detangle your hair.
- Avoid heat styling. Allow your hair to dry naturally, and stick to quick and easy styles that don’t require too much heat. The summer heat can cause your hair to dry out, so it’s best to avoid making it worse with heat styling.
- Don’t forget the sun cream to your hair or use SPF conditioner. UV in sunlight can cause faded, sun damaged hair. After using sun cream on your skin, run your hands through your hair to add an extra layer of protection. You can also use an SPF conditioner.
- Wet your hair before going for a swim. Swimming may ward off the summer heat, but did you know chlorine can damage your hair? Wetting it first will help to protect your hair.
- Ensure you have plenty of water in your diet. Drinking water will help your hair stay hydrated all summer long; because after all, your hair gets thirsty just like you.
- Invest in some pretty accessories. Buy some hats or scarves that will protect both your hair and your scalp. These are also great because your hair will need minimal styling.
- Consider getting a trim (or even a restyle!) Cutting your hair not only keeps it healthy but also looking its best. If you fancy going for a complete restyle, a cute layered bob or pixie cut can both keep you cool and leave you with hair requiring less styling.
- Use loose, gentle styles when putting your hair up. For example, loose curls and braids are best and tight styles can cause damage by pulling and tearing your hair.
From using tea tree oil for hair moisturizing to ensuring you get regular trims; our tips will help you keep your hair healthy and looking fabulous.