What are dental implants?
Dental implants are created from titanium screws and metal that is compatible with the human body and will not usually be rejected by the organism. The process of introducing the dental implant is painless as patients are locally anesthetized. The dental implant is drilled into the jaw and the bone socket, and once it’s inserted, it will need to fuse with the bone. It will take about 5-8 months before the prosthetic tooth is fixed onto the implant. Dental implants are stable just like natural teeth.
Dental implants have a record of long-term and successful outcomes, and they’re more predictable than other treatments to repair or replace missing teeth. You won’t have to worry that they might slip or fall out.
Pros and cons of dental implants
Here are the advantages of using dental implants:
- The titanium is similar to a root, and it provides stability to the tooth.
- Implants are bio-acceptable, unlike dentures may contain materials which produce allergies.
- Speech is better with implants and dentures can be irritating, and they have to be removed during the night time.
- Implants don’t move; therefore they don’t cause sore points.
- Implants restore the ability to chew.
The disadvantages of dental implants include:
- They take longer to be fitted in comparison with dentures.
- They are more expensive.
- In case you grind your teeth at night the implants are not the best solution.
What are dentures?
Dentures are false teeth made out of porcelain, cast metal or acrylic. They’re placed in the space where a tooth has been lost. After the dentist evaluates your needs, the teeth are extracted, and the denture is fitted on the same day. Before making the dentures, the dentist will take impressions and moulds of your jaw and teeth which will be sent to a specialist, and you’ll decide together with your dentist the best shape, size, and color for the dentures.
Pros and cons of dentures
The advantages of using dentures include:
- The process is straightforward and quick.
- They’re more cost-effective than dental implants.
- They’re recommended for patients with weak gums or jaw.
- They provide support to your facial muscles, and your teeth will look more natural.
Here are the disadvantages of using dentures:
- Without adhesive, they can move while talking and chewing.
- They can cause discomfort and difficulties while speaking and eating.
- They require ongoing cleaning and maintenance compared to implants which can be cared for as natural teeth.
In case you go for dentures, it’s essential that you keep them clean and leave them overnight in a denture solution. Looking after them can be easier than looking after natural teeth.
Dental implants prices usually begin at $2700($1400 + $1300) and $84.00 (36 months).
Dentures prices start at $1600 and $50 (36 months) and a reline usually is $250.
No matter which will turn out to be the best solution for you, the most important thing before getting the treatment done is choosing the right doctor and clinic. Perfect Smile Spa includes Cosmetic Dentists, Prosthodontist, Root Canal Specialist, Orthodontist, General Dentists, Hygienists and Care Nurses. All the professionals working here have the highest level of training and experience, understanding the incredible impact that a beautiful and healthy smile can have on someone.