If your fitness routine has been feeling a little stale, trying a new kind of class can make it feel fresh again- try taking Pilates!
Pilates offers benefits to help with a wide range of issues and is helpful for all ages. Many people are not familiar with Pilates and who can benefit from it, but the more information they obtain, the more they realize the power of physical fitness.
“When people learn about how powerful our Pilates Reformer program is, they are amazed,” Jennifer Scherer, certified personal trainer and owner of Fredericksburg Fitness Studio. “We can customize a routine to meet every person’s needs and address their health concerns.”
Pilates is a whole health system created by a man named Joseph Pilates. The system’s focus on the breath can help improve lung capacity and circulation, bone density and joint health, posture, abdominal strength, and body awareness, promoting better sleep.
Here are 5 things to know about the power of Pilates for physical fitness:
- Pilates is a powerful way to improve such areas as strength, balance, and flexibility. Unlike many other physical fitness workouts, Pilates is tailored to meet each person’s needs, addressing the area they need to improve.
- Pilates can help younger people with knee issues. A study published in the February 2022 issue of the journal European Review for Medical Pharmacological Sciences reports that Pilates-based core strengthening exercises can help adolescents with patellofemoral pain syndrome reduce pain, enhance muscle strength, improve functional status, and improve quality of life.
- Pilates can be beneficial to the older population. In the February 2022 issue of the journal European Journal of Investigation in Health, Psychology, and Education, they report that Pilates may be beneficial for the health of the elderly. They find that Pilates can help with dynamic balance, strength, mobility, functional capacity, risk of falling reduction, and mental and psychological health.
- Pilates can benefit pregnant women and those who are giving birth. A study published in the July 2021 issue of the journal BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth reports that Pilates exercise during pregnancy improved the labor process and increased maternal satisfaction during the childbirth process. Additional studies have found that Pilates helps women address pelvic floor issues following pregnancy.
- Pilates can target specific areas and issues so that people can strengthen and heal following injuries, accidents, and surgeries. The exercises can help people get back to where they need to be or achieve a whole new level of physical fitness.
Pilates can help people of all ages, especially those that need to address a wide range of issues,” adds Scherer. “We have helped countless people to feel better, stronger, and improve their quality of life. To learn more about Fredericksburg Fitness Studio, visit the site at: https://www.fburgfitness.com.