This soup features a blend of vegetables and chicken that will make you wish you were sick just so someone would make you more. Check out other adrenal-friendly recipes here.
Vegetable Chicken Soup
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 71
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 8g
Saturated Fat 2g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 4g
Total Carbohydrates 17g
Dietary Fiber 3g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 pound skinless and boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 6 ounces green beans, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 of a 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes, drained
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 to 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons minced raw ginger
- 2 teaspoons pressed raw garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large soup pot, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat for several minutes.
- Add onion, and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft.
- Add chicken, and continue to stir occasionally to brown lightly on all sides.
- Add remaining ingredients, bring to a boil, and allow to simmer until vegetables are just tender and chicken is cooked through.
Natural Solutions Magazine http://naturalsolutionsmag.com/