This summer salad features of medley of flavors that will knock your socks off. Bring this to your next picnic and impress everyone.
Spinach Salad Nicoise with Golden Beets
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 197
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 23g
Saturated Fat 4g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 6g
Monounsaturated Fat 12g
Total Carbohydrates 11g
Dietary Fiber 5g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 2 tablespoons apple-cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 4 tablespoons minced flat-leaf parsley
- Sea salt and white pepper to taste
- 4 medium golden beets, peeled and quartered
- 2 cups green beans, cut into 2-inch long pieces
- 8 cups baby spinach, loosely packed
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil
- 4 eggs, hard-boiled, peeled, and quartered
- 8 oil-packed anchovy fillets (optional)
- 1/2 cup pitted Nicoise olives
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, mustard, and garlic. Whisk in olive oil, shallots, and 2 tablespoons parsley. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place beets in half of a stainless steel steamer or on the lower level of a bamboo steamer. Place green beans in the other half of the stainless steamer, or on the top level of the bamboo steamer. Steam over boiling water for 5 minutes.
- Remove beans, leaving beets in steamer. Plunge beans into a bowl of cold water; drain and pat dry.
- Cook beets for 5 minutes longer, or until tender; remove, plunge into a bowl of cold water, drain, and pat dry.
- In a large bowl, toss spinach and basil. Drizzle with just enough dressing to lightly coat leaves; toss, and arrange on a serving platter.
- In separate bowls, toss beans and beets with just enough dressing to lightly coat, and arrange over salad. Sprinkle with remaining parsley. Arrange eggs around outside edge of platter.
- Arrange anchovies (if using) over salad. Scatter olives and nuts atop salad. Serve immediately, with additional dressing on the side.
Natural Solutions Magazine http://naturalsolutionsmag.com/