All the delicious flavor of a molasses cookie with all the fun of the best cookie cutters. Cut these cookies into your favorite holiday shapes for some extra fun this season.
Molasses Cutout Cookies
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 944
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 109g
Saturated Fat 49g
Trans Fat 3g
Polyunsaturated Fat 28g
Monounsaturated Fat 24g
Total Carbohydrates 382g
Dietary Fiber 12g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 1/4 cup flour, plus extra for dusting
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup date sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup ground walnuts
- 1 tablespoon fruit-only preserves
- Whisk flours, baking soda, and spices in a bowl. Set aside.
- Beat butter, molasses, and date sugar with an electric mixer until fluffy. Reduce speed, add egg, orange juice, and vanilla.
- Slowly stir in flour mixture until combined. Shape into a ball, wrap in plastic, and refrigerate for an hour.
- Roll out dough on a floured surface. Cut into desired shapes. Place on baking sheets and bake at 350 degrees for 7 to 8 minutes.
- Decorate with nuts and preserves.
- To substitute agave nectar for date sugar, increase regular flour by 1/4 to 1/2 cup—enough to make dough less sticky.
Natural Solutions Magazine http://naturalsolutionsmag.com/