This delicious sushi recipe will have your mouth watering before you can even roll it up. Check out other adrenal-friendly recipes here.
Lava Flow Hand Rolls With Onion-Soy Sauce
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 410
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 49g
Saturated Fat 10g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 8g
Monounsaturated Fat 25g
Total Carbohydrates 743g
Dietary Fiber 127g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1/4 onion, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 large leaves of red chard
- 3/4 cup cooked brown sushi rice
- 8 1-ounce slices of sushi-grade, raw ahi tuna
- 8 slices of ripe papaya, about the same size as the ahi slices
- 1 avocado, sliced into eighths
- 1 ounce of microgreens or sprouts, evenly divided for four rolls
- 4 roughly chopped macadamia nuts
- Place onion, vinegar, lemon juice, and soy sauce in a small bowl, and set aside.
- Lightly steam the chard leaves for 2 minutes. Run under cool water, and pat dry. Stack 2 leaves on top of each other with the underside up and the thick side of the stems closest to you. Fill the center with 2 to 3 tablespoons of rice, flush with the thick edge of the stem, leaving the upper half of the leaf empty.
- Add 2 slices each of ahi, papaya, and avocado. Top with microgreens and one chopped macadamia, and fold the sides together and the bottom of the leaf up over them. Repeat with remaining chard leaves.
- Spoon onion-soy mixture inside and serve.
Natural Solutions Magazine http://naturalsolutionsmag.com/