Chicken wings are a tailgating staple, but this simple recipe offers a fraction of the fat and sodium of the deep-fried option. Choose lean cuts of meat and your favorite hot sauce for finger-licking goodness.
Grilled Chicken Wings
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 1341
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 149g
Saturated Fat 41g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 33g
Monounsaturated Fat 47g
Total Carbohydrates 6g
Dietary Fiber 1g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 4 pounds chicken wings and/or drummies
- 12 ounces hot sauce
- Fine-grain sea salt
- Pour the hot sauce into one large resealable plastic bag. Add chicken, seal bag, and turn several times so the sauce coats the chicken.
- Put the bag in the refrigerator to marinate for at least 2 hours or, for best results, overnight, turning the chicken occasionally to make sure all surface areas are covered with hot sauce.
- Set up your grill for indirect grilling. When the grill is hot, place the wings in the center of a cooking grate over indirect heat. Close the lid of the grill and allow the wings to cook for 20 to 25 minutes, until they begin to brown.
- Flip each wing and allow to cook for another 20 minutes, until the wings are crispy and cooked through. Transfer the wings to a serving platter and sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt. Serve with celery.
Natural Solutions Magazine http://naturalsolutionsmag.com/