This recipe gives you the light taste of a classic ginger cookie with a crunchy bit of walnut.
Ginger Walnut Cookies
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 2296
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 264g
Saturated Fat 128g
Trans Fat 7g
Polyunsaturated Fat 58g
Monounsaturated Fat 61g
Total Carbohydrates 537g
Dietary Fiber 26g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup finely chopped California walnuts
- 1/2 cup finely chopped crystallized ginger
- Cinnamon Glaze (recipe follows)
- In a large bowl, beat together butter and sugar until fluffy. Stir in eggs and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, stir together flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Add to butter mixture. Stir in walnuts and ginger.
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least two hours, or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Using a portion of dough, roll out 1/4-inch thick on a lightly floured surface and using cookie cutters, cut into desired shapes.
- Place on baking sheets and bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until edges are lightly browned.
- Allow cookies to cool on a baking rack before glazing.
- Stir 2 cups powdered sugar, 2 tablespoons milk, and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon in a small bowl until smooth.
Natural Solutions Magazine http://naturalsolutionsmag.com/