‘Tis the season to fire up the grill every chance you can, and this grilled salmon is the perfect excuse! This heart-healthy recipe is sure to wow your taste buds.
Cumin-Grilled Salmon with Kiwi Salsa
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 495
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 55g
Saturated Fat 8g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 11g
Monounsaturated Fat 16g
Total Carbohydrates 18g
Dietary Fiber 3g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 4 kiwifruit, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 4 (6-ounce) wold-caught salmon filleets (about 1 inch thick), skinned
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprila
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Mix all salsa ingredients in a small bowl. Cover and set aside.
- 2. Rinse salmon and pat dry. In a bowl, mix cumin, paprika, chili powder, olive oil, and salt and pepper. Rub mix over salmon and place in a bowl. Cover and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- 3. Preheat an outdoor grill to medium heat or set your oven to high broil. Place salmon on a grill rack and cook 6 to 8 minutes per side, turning carefully; or place in a grill pan 4 to 6 inches from your oven's heat source, and broil for 10 minutes.
- 4. Spoon salsa over warm fish and serve.
- Suggestion: Serve with a side of steamed asparagus. Trim asparagus ends, lightly peel spears, and steam for 5 to 10 minutes, or to desired tenderness.
Natural Solutions Magazine http://naturalsolutionsmag.com/