The GAPS diet is all about replenishing the bacteria in your gut—and this fermented beverage will do just that!
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 4
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 1g
Saturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrates 27g
Dietary Fiber 7g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 3 medium or 2 large organic beets, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- ¼ cup whey or fermented pickle juice
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed or minced (optional)
- Filtered water
- Place the beets in a clean 2-quart wide-mouthed glass mason jar. Add the salt, whey, and garlic, and fill to the shoulder with filtered water.
- Cap and leave on the counter for 2 days; then it’s ready to drink!
- After you drink almost the entire first batch, you can add more filtered water, cap, and leave on the counter for an additional 2 days. After this you must throw out the beets and start fresh.
- Save ¼ cup liquid from your previous batch to use as an inoculant instead of the whey. The easiest way to get the most out of your ingredients is to pour what you wish to drink, replace it with filtered water, and return the jar to the fridge.
- Do this each time you drink some kvass. When the beets are “spent,” throw them out and start a new batch.
Natural Solutions Magazine http://naturalsolutionsmag.com/